How To Fill Sparse Eyebrows (plus tips for oily T-zones)



My brows are sparse. Really sparse. No amount of letting them grow in works...they just don't...not where I want them to at least. And although my brows are barely there, I actually prefer a dark, defined brow so it takes a bit of work. To learn how I get my brows to look the way I like them, just keep reading! I've added some tips for oily skin as well (oily T-zone girl here).

What you'll need:
eyeshadow primer
brow powder
cream concealer that matches your skin
brow marker
brow gel
angled brow brush
flat edged brush (or another angled brush)
fluffy brush

What I use:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Billion Dollar Brows Brow Powder in Taupe
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW25
Milani Brow Tint Pen in Taupe
Senna Cosmetics Brow Fix X in Taupe
2 angled brow brushes
fluffy brush



Step 1:
Apply an eyeshadow primer to your eye area from the lid, up into the brows, and along your bottom lashline. This will give the brow powder (and your eyeshadows) something to adhere to, and also provide as a barrier between your skin and the products to follow, creating a long-lasting effect (a MUST for oily skin!).


Step 2:
Using an angled brow brush, trace along your brows, "drawing" in the shape you want.


Step 3:
Using the same brush, fill in between the lines.


Step 4:
Using the other angled brush (or flat edged brush), clean up the edges of your brows with cream concealer to create a smooth, crisp line. With the fluffy brush, blend out the concealer. With sparse brows, getting them even can be a challenge. The concealer let's you correct any mistakes.


Step 5:
If you have an oily T-zone, this step is major; if you don't, then it's likely not necessary. Using a brow marker (yes, a marker) trace along the edge of your brows and lightly add a few strokes between the traced lines. The marker is incredibly long-lasting and will prevent any fading or smudging that may come from sparse brows and oily skin. Seriously, it's a must for oily skin!


Step 6:
Do your eye makeup and foundation. Lastly, brush a brow gel through your brows. For a thicker effect, use a colored brow gel that contains small fibers much like a lengthening mascara. Brush your sparse brows upward a bit to give them some volume.

And you're done!


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial! I never used to do too much to my brows, but I am really into grooming and shaping them now. They make a huge difference to the whole face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing! They look so good, I am much like you although I have quite a lot of eyebrow hairs, my hair is nearly black and my eyebrows look bleached (all natural) so I spend ages dying my eyebrows and filling them in, definately going to take a few tips off you for filling them in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a transformation. Brilliant blog post.

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that is amazing! I have similar brows and mine never look like yours, ever, no matter what I do to them. I will try this technique. Thank you, for showing how you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching about detailed eyebrow tutorial , I have wedding party on Friday and its just come on the right time . Amazing tutorial ..

    Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post!! Love it!

    www.christinamartina.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best brow tutorial I have seen yet girl! Loved this.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I read them all and respond as needed. If you have any questions, or additional info or ideas to add to a post, don't hesitate to share. All of your thoughts and ideas are always welcome and greatly appreciated.

***Please note that leaving an unlinked URL is fine, but if you add a hyperlink, or only comment to plug your own blog, the comment will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!